Sunday, June 7, 2009

Podcasts

This site seemed to have a lot of great information. I think it would be a great tool for me to use to get some info on a topic before I taught a lesson. I found a lot of intersting podcasts on nutrition and fitness. This information was helpful and I think this could be a great place to go if I needed more information for a unit or I needed to do some quick research on a topic. I am not sure how I would use this in my classroom, but I may use it for myself to gain some information on health and pe topics. I guess if I found a short podcast I could show it in my class, but I really try to get my students active for the most time I can when I see them so adding in a podcast could take an additional five or ten minutes away from activity time. This may be something where I have to pick and choose when I want to use them very carefully so the students are actually intersted in the information.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. YouTube has a lot of great information. I know that our health teachers find a lot of information there, however, it is blocked at our school so they are unable to utilize it to show students directly. I experienced this firsthand, when I took my students to the library to access the computers so they could see a video clip of a dance move. After making all these arrangement and the time it took, I found out we could not access YouTube at school. Fortunately, I had other things planned for the library so all was not lost.

    ReplyDelete