Thursday, May 28, 2009

Google Docs

This was a very intersting site to check out. I loaded a spreadsheet on there and played with it for a bit. This could be a very useful tool in sharing ideas with other teachers such as powerpoints or other documents. I also think it would be nice for grading. We currently use an excel sheet to do our grading and this would make it easy to access from home and to allow the other PE teacher to work on the same files without being at school. As far as I know our county is going to an online grading system next year so I will not be trying this out with grading, but I do think it is a great way to share ideas with other PE teachers. Everyone could share their powerpoints and documents that could be useful to other teachers. We have a PE website for the county, but it is a pain to get stuff loaded and posted on their. This way we could save a lesson that we want to share and hit share and other teachers could check out what we were teaching. It doesn't seem like too much work, but it will taking some testing out to get everything figured out.
I think this website would be helpful to coaching. It would be nice to post information to players like papers they need to download and print for preseason. We could also use it to store info like emails and phone numbers in excel. I am thinking it would be really nice if we could share our scouting reports on something like this or on a blog, but I doubt that will happen. I guess we still have to use the phone and email to make those contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment