Thursday, May 28, 2009

Web 2.0 Awards

I thought this website was really neat. I enjoyed clicking on the sites to check out what the offered. One of my favorites was Last under the music category. I was sitting here with my husband and he was giving me names of bands that we can't even find songs on itunes for and they had info and songs on the site for the bands. We were surprised that they had info about smaller bands. I also liked the iMedix site. I am not much for writing about my health issues, but I have had serious back issues for the last year. I have yet to find anyone that has been through what I have been through. This site allowed me to pick specifics about what I was interested in discussing about health. I am not sure that I will get on there and ask questions, but for someone like me that has back problems I think it would be a cool way to communicate with someone who has been through what I am going through. This seems like it could be helpful to a lot of people who just want to post a question about something and not join a group for discussions. I also liked the istats site. It seemed like something we might be able to use in class because it uses fitness, exercise, and nutrition so people can track their workouts. This would also be a tool we could introduce to teachers who want to workout and follow along without a trainer or nutritionist. We have teachers that are always looking for workout clubs so we could incorporate this into the clubs that they use. I think we could introduce it to our students as well so they can see what happens when they work out and what different exercises and sports do for their bodies.

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea of incorporating the istats site into your class. I checked it out and I want to use it in my Weight Lifting 2 class next fall. I think it could be a great tool for students to make up an individual program.

    ReplyDelete